Outreach & HIV Early Intervention services focus on populations at risk of contracting common communicable diseases spread by IV drug use. Through community partnerships and the use of a mobile RV field station, staff are able to reach people in their own neighborhoods and communities in New Hanover, Brunswick, and Pender Counties. Partnerships with Cape Fear Community College, UNCW, and Brunswick Community College offer testing and education events on campus for students and staff.
- Medical Diagnostic Testing, Counseling, and Referrals for HIV (utilizing the OraQuickand Clearview Rapid HIV Antibody Tests), TB, HCV and Syphilis
- Case Management
- Risk Reduction Counseling and Education
- Referrals for Substance Abuse & other Medical Services
- Mobile Field Station (RV) Services
- HIV Early Intervention & Support Group for those living with HIV
Safe Syringe Exchange Program
The Brunswick County Shallotte office and New Hanover Primary Care office provide clean syringes to individuals who request them. Clients needing these services are able to speak with the nurse care manager and receive clean syringes and "works" kits, personal sized sharps containers, and resource lists for community services.
Clients are also offered HIV and HCV testing and are able to discuss any health or other issues with a team member at that time.