Problematic Sexual Behavior
Coastal Horizons offers an enhanced treatment service called PSB-CBT. It’s an evidence-based service for children between the ages of 7 and 12 who have engaged in problematic sexual behavior (PSB). Typically, children participate in a treatment group, while parents participate in a concurrent caregiver group. The model may be adapted for individual (family) therapy. Treatment typically consists of 16-20 sessions. The majority of children who participate in PSB-CBT cease to engage in problematic sexual behaviors after treatment.
Topics addressed in PSB-CBT include:
- Eliminating or reducing problematic sexual behaviors
- Improving coping skills and self-control strategies
- Enhancing social competence skills
- Developing appropriate psychosexual knowledge and boundaries
- Improving caregiver monitoring, supervision, and behavior management skills
- Reducing out-of-home placement risk
If you would like more information on Coastal Horizons' PSB-CBT program, please contact our Wilmington Health Access for Teens office at 910-790-9949.